It’s a crazy world we we live in. And, it’s getting increasingly hard to tell the fake news from the real news. Here’s a little test to see where you stand.
Which of the following is NOT true?
- Two young women (aged 21 years) were arrested for posting and liking a message on Facebook objecting to a bandh in Mumbai.
- A man killed a teenager in Delhi after being asked by her to not pee in front of her house.
- Aakash 2, the low cost tablet computer, which has received Mr. Kapil Sibal’s approval, has parts manufactured in China and is assembled in India.
- A man from Pondicherry was arrested for tweeting that Karthi Chidambaram (son of Home Minister P. Chidambaram) had more assets than Robert Vadra.
- The Prime Minister of India, Mr. Manmohan Singh, was not informed in advance that Ajmal Kasab, the terrorist who killed innocent people in the 26/11 Mumbai attack, was being hanged. According to the Home Minister, the Prime Minister learned of the developments through a television news channel.
- Nitin Gadkari, President of BJP, has appointed his car driver to the board of his company.
- Chetan Bhagat, author of What Young India Wants, a book which set forth his patriotic vision for India, endorses products of a company started and managed by former members of the Chinese army.
- The Australian cricket team scored 480 runs in just one day’s of play, at a strike rate of nearly 90%, in the ongoing test match against South Africa at Adelaide.
- An Indian citizen died in an Irish hospital after doctors refused her a pregnancy termination procedure that went against Ireland’s anti-abortion laws.
- A former four-star General and Director of CIA, considered a US Presidential candidate in 2016, resigned after details of an affair with his biographer emerged from an investigation of his Gmail account.
- Parents in urban India spend more on “tuition and tutoring fees” as compared to school fees, on an average.
- An African American was re-elected as President of the United States, in spite of a weak economic environment and losing 74 percent of the white male vote.
- No cartoonist has been arrested in West Bengal in the last 2 weeks.
All of the above are true.